Even when you are doing everything right, you can’t always avoid accidents and emergencies. However, you can help plan for them with help from North Metro Fire Rescue District.
Save money on your ambulance transport and emergency care
Any emergency where you end up at the hospital can be a costly one. Medical calls account for over 70% of North Metro Fire’s calls annually, and the majority of those calls require medical care and ambulance transport.
North Metro Fire helps lessen the financial burden for residents through its Ambulance Membership Program (AMP). With an ambulance membership, your insurance company will be billed after you utilize our transport service, and North Metro Fire will accept your insurance’s payment as payment-in-full for up to $1,500 annually. You won’t have to pay any other out-of-pocket expenses!
- Coverage of costs associated with an ambulance transport during an emergency that are not covered by the member’s insurance, such as co-pays and deductibles, up to $1,500 annually for each member of the household
- Coverage for your entire household for the year (household does not include guests in your home)
- Coverage for any 911-initiated ambulance transport by North Metro Fire
- A small annual fee to provide your family with peace of mind
- Must be a resident of North Metro Fire Rescue District
- Must already have health insurance
What is NOT included in a membership:
- Payment for ambulance services that originate outside of the District
- Ambulance transport for friends and family visiting your home
- Facility-to-facility transportation or non-emergent transports that weren’t initiated by a 911 call
- Remember, a membership is not insurance and is not intended to be a substitute for insurance
Check out our Frequently Asked Questions page for additional information on the Ambulance Membership Program.
How to apply:
You can request an application by mail, in person at the District’s Headquarters, or download a form online. Payment for new members is available via mail or in person, but membership renewals may be paid online.
|Senior Family (55+)||$25|
New online payment option:
All memberships will be up for renewal on January 1 of each year. You may visit the following website to begin your renewal process. North Metro Fire has partnered with an outside vendor to provide this online payment option and to enhance customer service, so you will be directed to their website to begin the renewal process. Anyone who signs up for the Ambulance Membership Program after January will be charged a prorated fee for the first year.
For mail-in renewals:
You should have received your renewal form in the mail. Please complete the form and follow these directions for mailing in your renewal for the Ambulance Membership Program.
Please mail the form with your check or money order payable to North Metro Fire Rescue District in the envelope that was provided to:
Ambulance Billing Department
P.O. Box 269110
Sacramento, CA 95826-9110
Please remember to:
- Enclose payment – signed check or money order payable to North Metro Fire Rescue District
- Sign the Renewal Agreement
- Complete name, date of birth and insurance information for each family member or full time resident in your home. Make changes if necessary.
For more information on AMP please call North Metro Fire Headquarters at (303) 452-9910.